CU Community is hiring a Secondary Market Originator. Please share the news with your friends and family!
Secondary Market Originator
CU Community Credit Union – Springfield, MO
Responsible for protecting Credit Union assets through developing, coordinating, and directing the implementation of secondary marketing strategies, policies, and procedures. Manages the mortgage pipeline, analyzes risk factors, and reviews and utilizes approved hedging tools. Cultivates and maintains relationships with investors, creates and sells secondary market securities, and ensures the timely delivery of loans in accordance with investor guidelines. Provides competitive mortgage rates and products for Credit Union loan offers and formulates new loan products as needed. Ensures that established profitability goals are met or exceeded and that all areas of responsibility support Credit Union objectives and goals. Completes assigned reporting functions and ensures that management is well informed.
· Assumes responsibility for the development and implementation of effective Secondary Marketing strategies, policies, and planning. Assists the VP of Lending and Mortgage Servicing Manager in developing short and long-term goals and plans for Secondary Market activities.
· Assumes responsibility for the effective and efficient completion of Secondary Market functions.
· Enters into forward commitments, options coverage, or futures contracts as determined through daily market analysis. Examines and amends hedging strategies to ensure adequate protection of mortgages and the Credit Union's assets. Monitors changes in the mortgage pipeline to ensure sufficient coverage.
· Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and communication with area personnel and with management.
· Assumes responsibility for ensuring that professional business relations exist with secondary market investors, and trade professionals.
Education/Certification: Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, economics or a related area. (If no degree, please see experience below)
Required Knowledge: Thorough knowledge of the economy and financial markets. Understands investment sales and the complexities of capital markets. Strong understanding of secondary market investor negotiation processes. Excellent knowledge of related computer applications including Excel and Word.
Experience Required: At least two years experience in the mortgage field with emphasis in origination, underwriting, and shipping. If no degree must have 8+ years of mortgage origination experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Able to evaluate and utilize extensive amounts of data.
- Strategic planning ability.
- Able to multi-task.
- Works well with PC’s. Comfortable learning and applying new related software.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Terry Barksdale at email@example.com
You can find the employment application here